Maldives Education Sector Volunteers Program
Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
Years active: 2009 – 2013
The Maldives Education Sector Volunteer Program’s goal was to improve delivery of education in the Maldives. The primary objective was to help build and strengthen capacity in the Ministry of Education and related sub-sector departments.
It deployed highly skilled Australian volunteers in the education sector as identified and approved by the Government of Maldives in line with its development priorities. Focus within the sector was on curriculum development, teacher training and learning methodologies, and the development and improvement of technical and vocational education and training. The program provided counterpart training and mentoring in the Ministry of Education.
The Maldives Education Sector Volunteer Program involved working with a number of key education sector stakeholders including the Ministry of Education, Maldives National University and Maldives Polytechnic.
Scope Global delivered all aspects of this education sector program, including:
- Strategic direction in planning, managing and implementing the program
- Worked with all key program stakeholders
- Recruited and managed program personnel
- Managed all program funds
- Built partnerships with local institutions
- Provided full pre-departure and in-country support and training to program personnel
- Undertook detailed monitoring and evaluation.