The Endeavour Language Teacher Fellowships program provided a range of intensive language and cultural experiences in nominated countries across Asia, the Middle-East and Europe to enhance the language skills and cultural knowledge for Australian practicing, retraining and pre-service language teachers.
The broad objectives of the program were to:
- Provide practising, retraining and pre-service language teachers with the opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills and understanding of the languages and cultures that they currently teach or are studying to teach through intensive in-country study programs
- Help develop a pool of language teachers with recent in-country experience and expertise as a resource at school, system, state and national levels
- Strengthen networking among practising, retraining and pre-service language teachers nationally and internationally
- Strengthen linkages between educators in Australia and educators in the targeted countries
- Promote the value of languages education in Australian schools
- Strengthen mutual understanding between Australians and the people in the targeted countries.
Scope Global was contracted to deliver on all aspects of this Australian Government initiative. This included national program promotion, recruitment and selection of program awardees, development and oversight of in-country study programs, pre-departure preparation, travel and logistical management and alumni engagement and management.
Between 2010 and 2015 Scope Global managed the deployment of more than 1,200 teachers to more than 10 countries across Asia, the Middle-East and Europe.